When you imagine the typical Australian kitchen, what do you see?
It is ultra-modern with double glass doors that open out on to a patio, where the family sits in summer for an alfresco barbeque? Or is it hidden away in a small outback home, with enamel pots and pans on the old gas stove, and a view of gumtrees out the kitchen window?
Because the Aussie kitchen differs between Aussies, Sands Made have created their gorgeous wooden pieces to fit in with them all. Many of the pieces dreamt up in Sands Made’s workshop in Victoria are done so in the minds of designers and craftsmen united by a common interest: the love of cooking!
This Kitchen Box might not fit an entire kitchen (that would be silly), but it will
store your herbs, spices, salt, tea and coffee. Handmade from carefully selected timbers, this box exhibits the natural beauty of timber, and will develop its own special lustre with time and use.
Kitchen Box features:
- Designed in Victoria, Australia.
- Hand-crafted from black walnut wood.
- Finished with food grade linseed oil, orange oil, beeswax and natural resin ester.
- Can be re-oiled at home to restore the natural glow of timber.
- Can be used as a salt cellar, or to store coffee, tea, herbs and spices.
Colour: Black Walnut.
Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 10cm.