Diehard sci-fi fans are pretty much in agreeance on one topic in particular: in the future, robots will take over the jobs of most human beings. Just look at the 3D printing technology they’re using to make bionic arms nowadays!
And while this Hydraulic Robot Arm may not be 3D printed, it’s still very impressive all the same, encouraging children from the age of ten years old to put their thinking caps on and start building.
Using pressurised liquid, this Robot Arm operates with a suction apparatus or a gripper as well as several points of movement operated via the control base. There are also no batteries required – just some patience to put this awesome robot together (but don’t worry: there are easy to follow instructions with illustrations to follow).
Become the mad scientist you’ve always wanted to be!
Hydraulic Robot Arm features:
- Recommended for ages 10 years and up.
- 229 pieces come together to make a motor- and battery-free robot arm.
- Operates using hydraulic power.
- Can hold items with either a gripper or suction cup.
- Six axes of varied movement, including gripper, wrist and forearm.
- Accurate movement and braking system.
- 44º elbow motion, 45º shoulder motion, 270º base rotation, 98º wrist mobility, 180º wrist rotation.
- Over 30cm reach/working area.
- Maximum lift of 50g.
- Detailed instruction manual included.
Height: 41.5cm, approximately.