Back in 1995, Dr Penny Norman created a kid-friendly science kit called
“Electricity”, with the aim to teach children about science through
active play. And while she had earned her PhD in biophysics, it wasn’t
until that original kit sold millions of copies that she realised she
was about to be led down a different path…
Nowadays, Penny juggles designing and manufacturing of games that still
hold fast to her original kit’s concepts. She believes that basic
science skills among children are on the decline – so it’s time for your
little scientist to prove her wrong, with a ScienceWiz kit that will
fill them with brainy info!
Geology rocks! Discover everything about our Earth’s crust and how the current landscape was formed with this Rocks & Geology kit, which includes a booklet packed with information and experiments to help young ones gain a greater understanding of our planet.
Using this kit, even kids can undertake a tonne of fascinating experiments. Mould a model of the Earth, create a lava fountain, acid test limestone, form a fossil, and much more (using household objects and those included in this kit, naturally!) The kit even includes over twenty rock samples, so your child can discover first-hand the difference between sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous rocks!
Rocks & Geology Kit features:
- Suitable for children aged eight years old and up.
- Designed by Dr Penny Norman from the University of California.
- Discover fascinating information about our Earth's geological structure with the included booklet.
- Kit includes materials for over eighteen activities.
- Twenty rock samples for children to identify.
- Mould a model of the Earth.
- Create a churning lava fountain.
- Construct and erupt volcanoes.
- Make pryoclastic eruptions.
- Explore igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- Make a rock tray.
- Float and burn rocks.
- Make a sandstone rock.
- Pulverise soft rocks.
- Acid test limestone.
- Form a fossil.