Ever daydreamed about being a samurai warrior? Pick up a Shun knife, and you’ll almost know the feeling…
For almost a century, Shun knives have been made in Seki City, Japan – a city that can trace its sword-crafting heritage back to the days of the Samurai warriors. When you hold a Shun knife, you’re holding in your hand the result of 700 years of history.
Beautiful to behold and to use, Shun’s collaboration with American knife maker Ken Onion has produced a collection of knives that perfectly fuse Shun’s history and stringent quality with Ken’s flair for design. The ergonomic handle and sweeping blade sing of Ken’s styling, while the layered VG-10 stainless steel heralds Shun’s master forging techniques.
Ken Onion Boning and Fillet Knife features:
- Made in Japan.
- Designed in collaboration with Ken Onion.
- 32-layer clad VG-10 stainless steel blade.
- Razor-sharp edge combined with a flexible blade ideal for filleting and boning.
- Excellent edge retention.
- Full tang for strength and balance.
- Polished, ergonomic handle made from pakkawood (a resin-treated hardwood).
- Hand wash recommended.
- Presented in a Shun box.