Those out there who are into history will know, that in the late ‘40s and throughout the ‘50s, the family household as we know it underwent a revolution.
For the first time ever terms such as “nuclear family” began to be used, and there was an economic and urban boom in many cities that saw people changing the way they lived permanently. Technologies were being both invented and redefined, and this is where Italy’s Smeg excelled, providing ground-breaking appliances for the home that continue to have an impact to this day.
Now thoroughly modern, Smeg aren’t letting go of the past just yet: they’ve created the 50s Retro Style collection for all of those who dwell in the nostalgic past. However, this range comes equipped with some of the best technologies available for a range of appliances that not only look beautiful, but perform beautifully as well.
50s Retro Style Stand Mixer features:
- Designed in Italy.
- Die-cast aluminium body.
- Planetary mixing action reaches all sides of the bowl, rather than just mixing in the middle.
- Direct drive motor with electronic speed control.
- Overload motor protection.
- 4.8 litre stainless steel working bowl.
- Anti-slip feet.
- Integrated cord storage.
- All-purpose flour maxiumum capacity of 1kg.
- Whole wheat flour maximum capacity of 0.8kg.
- White eggs maximum capacity of 12.
- White eggs minimum capacity of 3.
- Cake dough maximum of 2.8kg.
- Bread/pizza/pasta dough maximum of 1.3kg.
- Whipped cream maximum of 1 litre.
- Bowl is dishwasher safe.
- 4.8 Litre Working Bowl.
- Wire Whisk.
- Flat Beater.
- Dough Hook.
- Pouring Shield.
Dimensions: 38cm x 40cm x 22cm.
If you're shipping this product overseas, please keep in mind that all our electrical appliances are fitted with Australian/New Zealand electrical plugs as standard.