Grilled, not fried!” is the general catchcry for foods you find on a hot plate claiming to be healthy.
And overall, grilled is the better health option to be sure. But grilling can be a little inaccurate. When it comes to steak for example, you’re forever poking at it, checking to see if it’s done. And sometimes those chicken kebabs look
ready, but when you bite in to them, you taste the horrible sensation of uncooked pink meat…
But Tefal’s OptiGrill will fix all that in a heartbeat, with a clever colour cooking indicator and automatic sensor indicators that measure the thickness of meat cuts. Plus, it includes six specific automatic programs for burgers, poultry, sandwiches, pork and sausages, red meat and fish, for perfectly-cooked meat every time.
That might make the OptiGrill sound difficult to use, but it’s not! Just select t your meat type from the program, pop your meat on the grill (using cuts with a thickness less than one and a half inches, or roughly four centimetres, works best), and close the lid. The OptiGrill’s light will switch on and change colour as the cooking progresses, beeping whenever a level of ‘done’ – rare, medium and well – is complete.
Plus, the OptiGrill is angled toward a juice collection tray, so it drains away fat as it cooks. Bonus!
OptiGrill with Bonus Comfort Touch Chef's Knife features:
- Designed in France.
- Die-cast aluminium plates with a brushed stainless steel exterior.
- High-performance, at 2000 watts.
- Automatic sensor cooking measures level of thickness.
- Six automatic cooking programs for burger patties, poultry, toasted sandwiches, sausages/pork, red meat and fish.
- Frozen food and manual options.
- Indicator light changes colour as food cooks; yellow for example indicates rare, orange indicates medium, and red indicates well done.
- Cooking plates are angled, so fats and oils drain down n to a collection tray.
- Controlled cooking for delicious and healthy grilling.
- Includes a recipe book, On The Grill.
- Tefal recommends using boneless cuts a maximum of 4cm thick.
- Cooking plates and juice collection tray are removable, and dishwasher safe.
- Also includes a bonus Tefal 20cm Comfort Touch Chef's Knife, valued at a recommended retail price of $40!
- Available online only.
Optigrill Dimensions: 37cm x 33cm x 18cm.If you're shipping this product overseas, please keep in mind that all our electrical appliances are fitted with Australian/New Zealand electrical plugs as standard.