When it comes to adventure, one name stands out from the rest – the Swiss Army Knife.
Victorinox’s Swiss Army Knife first came about in 1891, when Karl Elsener invented the “Soldier’s Knife” for the Swiss military, which was followed a few years later by the Offiziermesser
– the “Officer’s Knife”. They were the Swiss Army’s best kept secret…until much later, during World War II, when American GIs working with the Swiss saw the Swiss’ pocket knives in action…and wanted one for themselves! Finding offiziermesser
difficult to pronounce, the Americans simply referred to them as “Swiss Army Knives”.
And that’s how Swiss Army Knives came to be known, loved, and used every day by adventurers all around the world. Handy, easy to use and packed with features, every Victorinox Swiss Army Knife is made from the finest materials – they’re built to last, just as they always have been.
The Atlas is one of Victorinox’s most versatile tools. It’s durable – an all-round powerhouse you know you can trust to get stuff done, time after time. It’s got a wood saw, multi-function pliers, a screwdriver and so much more. You’ll find your Atlas Swiss Army Knife comes in handy all the time.
Atlas Swiss Army Knife features:
- Made in Switzerland.
- Matte finish resin body.
- Blade and tools are made from super-tough stainless steel.
- Locking blade.
- Wood saw.
- Can opener with small screwdriver.
- Cap lifter with screwdriver and wire stripper.
- Reamer and punch.
- Pliers with wire crimping tool and wire cutters.
- Phillips screwdriver.