When it comes to adventure, one name stands out from the rest – the Swiss Army Knife.
Victorinox’s Swiss Army Knife first came about in 1891, when Karl Elsener invented the “Soldier’s Knife”, which was followed a few years later by the Offizermesser – the “Officer’s Knife”. They were the Swiss Army’s best kept secret…until much later, during World War II, when American GIs working with the Swiss saw the Swiss’ pocket knives in action…and wanted one for themselves! Understandably, they couldn’t pronounce “Offizermesser”…so the Americans simply referred to them as “Swiss Army Knives”.
That’s how Swiss Army Knives came to be known, loved, and used every day by adventurers all around the world! Handy, easy to use and packed with features, every Victorinox knife is made from the finest materials – they’re built to last.
If you didn’t think that a survival kit could fit in the pocket of your coat, then Victorinox are about to prove to you otherwise. The Ultimate Survival Kit contains everything you could need in an SOS situation, including a compass with ruler for map reading, a guide to international distress signals, matches, string, a sharpening stone and much
more – all in a compact Victorinox pouch.
Swiss Army Knife Ultimate Survival Kit features:
- Made in Switzerland.
- Blades made from tough, strong stainless steel.
- Includes 45 tools for SOS situations, including matches, a compass and ruler, a signal mirror and more.
- All tools store in a small Victorinox pouch.
- Presented in a Victorinox gift box.
- Large/small blade.
- Can opener with a small screwdriver.
- Cap filter with wire stripper.
- Reamer, punch.
- Key ring.
- Multi-purpose hook.
- Wood saw.
- Fishscaler with hook disgorger, ruler.
- Nailfile, nail cleaner, metal saw.
- Pliers with wire cutters, wire crimping.
- Phillips screwdriver.
- Magnifying glass.
- Ballpoint pen.
- Sewing eye.
- Sharpening stone.
- Pressure pencil.
- Writing paper and knotting guide.
- Guide to international distress signals.
- 3 x Bandage strips.
- Sewing thread.
- 2 sewing needles.
- 5 matches.
- 2 safety pins.
- Nylon string.
- Signal mirror.
- Compass and ruler for map reading.