When it comes to adventure, one name stands out from the rest – the Swiss Army Knife.
Victorinox’s Swiss Army Knife first came about in 1891, when Karl
Elsener invented the “Soldier’s Knife”, which was followed a few years
later by the Offiziermesser – the “Officer’s Knife”. They were the Swiss
Army’s best kept secret…until much later, during World War II, when
American GIs working with the Swiss saw the Swiss’ pocket knives in
action…and wanted one for themselves! Understandably, they couldn’t
pronounce “Offiziermesser”…so the Americans simply referred to them as
“Swiss Army Knives”.
That’s how Swiss Army Knives came to be known, loved, and used every day
by adventurers all around the world. Handy, easy to use and packed with
features, every Victorinox knife is made from the finest materials – and they’re built to last.
The Hunter Pro is one serious knife – the sort that you can imagine
being passed down through the family. Its lock-back style is robust and
solid in the hand (not to mention safe), with a satin-finished blade
that’s perfect for cutting, prying and much more. With an ambidextrous
thumb hole for quick access to the blade and superior grip, you’ll find
the versatile Hunter Pro a real powerhouse of a tool.
Wood Hunter Pro with Pouch features:
- Made in Switzerland.
- High quality satin-finished stainless steel blade.
- Superior, robust wooden grip, engraved with the Victorinox logo.
- Lock-back style blade is extremely difficult to disengage without intent, making the Hunter Pro very safe.
- Ambidextrous thumb hole for quick access to the blade.
- Includes a faux leather Victorinox pouch with Velcro closure.
- Presented in a Victorinox gift box.
- Please note: due to unique nature of wood, your Hunter Pro's grip may be slightly lighter or darker than the one pictured above.
Length: 23cm (opened; 13cm when closed).