“Perfume is the luxury product par excellence.
Engraved in our
hearts, a perfume is timeless, prestigious; inviting us to travel
through its subtle notes, the bouquet of scents chosen with immense
Starting as a sketch by the one and only Karl Lagerfeld at a fashion
event, Candle Karl is the collaborative result of perfume connoisseur
John-Paul Welton (to whom the above words can be credited) and
Lagerfeld; its fragrance seeks to capture another side of the legendary
fashion designer’s personality.
Lagerfeld’s favourite spice, cinnamon, adds a sweetness to the opening notes,
and is surrounded by the freshness of mandarin and orange. Spiced up
with pink peppercorn, these early notes give way to a heart of jasmine,
orange blossom, nutmeg and tobacco. Luxurious and elegant, the fragrance
settles on a base composed of amber, musk, cedar and teak woods. The end fragrance is wonderfully spicy, yet the other aspects of the perfume – the softness of the jasmine, for example – will catch you as you pass this candle by.
Crafted in France, this limited edition candle is poured into a unique
porcelain vessel featuring Lagerfeld’s crisp white collar and black sunglasses,
which serves as a decorative item once the candle has burned down. It’s
unique, sophisticated – and totally Karl Lagerfeld.
Candle Karl features:
- Made in France by candle and perfume connoisseurs Welton, in collaboration with Karl
- Scented wax is poured in to a special container made from lacquered glass and porcelain.
- Beautifully spicy fragrance with top notes of cinnamon, mandarin and orange; heart notes of jasmine, orange blossom, nutmeg and tobacco; base notes of amber, musk, cedar and teak woods.
- Limited edition release of 300 worldwide. Each candle includes a certificate of authenticity, which is individually numbered.
- Vessel can be kept as a humorous decor piece once the candle has burned down.
- Beautifully presented in a black gift box.
Dimensions: 14cm (w) x 19cm (h).