Children have enjoyed the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar for decades. The timeless book follows the story of a little critter eating his way through ice cream, salami, cheese and even a lollipop before he turns into a beautiful butterfly.
Now kids can have their own fun food adventures with the Giant Very Hungry Caterpillar Toy. This huge grub looks just like the character from Eric Carle’s famous book, but he’s a long way from fitting inside your salad bowl!
It’s not often that ‘favourite books’ and ‘running around’ go hand-in-hand, but they do now! This pull-along toy is the perfect way to actively play with the Very Hungry Caterpillar.
This pull-along toy is made from smooth wood painted in bright colours, with little wheels on its base and a string to direct its route. When he moves on his wheels, the Very Hungry Caterpillar wiggles his body up and down, just as the character did in the book as he ate his way through his favourite foods. It’s colourful and cheeky, and great for boys and girls over 12 months. And don’t even get us started on his little purple felt ears!
This is the sort of game that can keep the kids out of your hair, and encourage more reading once they’re all tuckered out. Good work, Eric Carle!
- Suitable for children aged 12 months and over.
- Made from painted wood with felt antennae and a nylon pull cord.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar is set on wheels and when you pull him along, his body wiggles up and down like a real caterpillar!
- Designed by Eric Carle and based on the character from the Very Hungry Caterpillar book.
- Presented in a World of Eric Carle display box.
Wooden Toy Length: 27cm.
String length: 40cm.