“Tell me a bedtime story,” a child might say before they’re put to bed.
Well, now it’s their
turn to tell the tale, with eeBoo’s Tell Me A Story Creative Story Cards.
You might not be aware, but storytelling is a very important part of your child’s literacy skills. While reading is the best way to encourage these skills, storytelling helps your child build pre-reading skills such as sequencing, developing their vocabulary and understanding narrative concepts.
These Creative Story Cards are all linked by a common theme, yet allow for open-ended storytelling with reoccurring characters and images. Thirty-six flash cards can be placed face-up and then drawn by your child; as they pick up cards, they begin to develop and expand a story line. Not every card needs to be used – only the ones necessary for their story!
If you child is in to fairy tales, this is the deck they need! There’s magic keys, castles and witches trapped in bottles…everything your child needs to create their own fantasy.
Tell Me A Story Creative Story Cards feature:
- Recommended for children ages 3 years and over.
- A deck of illustrated cards with a common theme that help children and adults create their own stories.
- Includes reoccurring themes and characters.
- Helps children with pre-reading skills.
- Develops sequencing,vocabulary and understanding narrative concepts.
- Includes instructions for different styles of play.
- Presented as a set of 36 flash cards in a sliding tray box.
Dimensions: 12 x 9.5cm.