Sustainable, giving, durable, thoughtful… Calaisio rattan wares go above and beyond the ordinary, to deliver unique servingware pieces created with good intentions, and which are naturally elegant and extraordinarily durable.
Hand-woven in the Philippines from “vignes d’ea” or water-vine, which is sustainably sourced from mountainous rainforests, each Calaisio piece is signed by the weaver who created it, along with the time taken to create the intricate weave. This lends a wonderful, personal air to Calaisio’s tableware range, which is finished with a subtle lacquer and results in a durable and elegant product.
Oval Canister features:
- Hand-woven in the Philippines by local artisans.
- Woven from water-vine, which is finer than most other rattans and is expertly woven for surprising strength.
- Water-vine is sustainably sourced and fast-growing, for minimal impact on the environment.
- Heat resistant, with a lacquered finish.
- Features a removable lid.
- Each Calaisio piece includes a statement of authenticity signed by the artist and noting the time it took to weave your piece. The sale of Calaisio pieces also directly benefits these artists and their communities.
- Wipe clean if required.
Dimensions: 21cm (l) x 17cm (w) x 8cm (h).