Passionate cooks never tire of learning more about their produce.
Getting acquainted with your ingredients opens up all kinds of paths of creativity, not to mention confidence in your cooking. And for the ultimate guide to a wide variety of commonly used ingredients – from beef to pomegranates to turnips – there’s one person Australia’s best chefs turn to…
Stephanie Alexander! The Cook’s Companion: The Complete Book of Ingredients and Recipes for the Australian Kitchen
is the culinary bible you’ll find yourself referring to whenever you’re in need of information and inspiration.
Now with the 2014 revision, the Companion
features seventy new recipes to try out and two new chapters full of information about various ingredients, as well as cooking techniques and kitchen equipment. This is a book that will teach you how to prepare just about everything you could ever need, with interesting approaches to traditional recipes, including beef bourguignon, watermelon curry, belly pork in piquant cream sauce, potato salad with bacon an sour cream, and double chocolate brownies. Plus hundreds more…
The book for a lifetime of cooking – this is the must have culinary encyclopedia for all Aussie kitchens.
The Cook's Companion features:
- Hardcover – 1182 pages.
- Includes close to 1000 delicious, fail-safe recipes.
- Features beautiful, full-colour photography by Earl Carter throughout.
- Chapters feature an Introduction, Equipment, Basics, Measurement, and an A to Z list of ingredients starting at Abalone and ending at Zucchini and Squash and comprising, various meats, cheese, nuts, condiments and mainly focusing on fresh produce.
- Features two ribbon page markers.
- Includes a full index.
- 2014 Revision: includes two major new chapters, two expanded chapters, 70 new recipes and a complete revision of the text to reflect changes in the marketplace and new regulations.
Dimensions: 19cm (w) x 25cm (h) x 7cm (d).