The wine glass has a long history, stretching back through centuries untold.
Thirty years ago, Claus Riedel revolutionised the wine glass, with the realisation that the shape of a wine glass has a profound effect on the way you experience the wine inside. The aroma, the balance, the taste…every aspect of your wine is enhanced when the right glass is used. This simple idea completely changed the glassware industry forever.
The Sommeliers collection represents the lynchpin of the Riedel glassware range. First created by Claus Riedel in collaboration with the Associazione Italiana Sommeliers, the range has expanded over the years to include varietal glasses designed for new wine varieties from across the world.
The size and shape of each Sommeliers glass delivers wine to the nose and palate in such a way that it can fully express its personality. If you are serious about wine, then insist on Sommeliers wine glasses from Riedel.
Burgundy Grand Cru features:
Care & Cleaning:
- Handmade in Austria from minimum 24% lead crystal.
- Recommended for: Burgundy Grand Cru.
- Beautifully presented as a single piece in a Riedel Wine Glass tube.
- All Riedel glassware is dishwasher safe, and has been tested by Riedel to ensure a longer lifespan when washed in this manner.
- If you do need to wash your Riedel glassware by hand, wash the glass under warm water with detergent and rinse the glass very carefully.
- To avoid any staining of your Riedel glasses, you should wash them using only soft water – that is, water with a low mineral content. If stains emerge, you can use white vinegar to remove them.
- Avoid scratches to your glassware by not allowing your Riedel glasses to come in contact with any other glasses or metal.
- Polish your glasses using two towels, and avoid holding the glass by the base – this could case the stem to snap.
- Keep your cleaning towels clean as well, in order to avoid rubbing any grease on to your Riedel glassware. Wash your cleaning towels at boiling temperature, without linen or fabric softener.
- Store your glasses away from other items with a strong odour, as this can taint the glass and in turn your wine.
Code Number: 4400/16.