Professor Claus J Riedel was the first designer to recognize that the bouquet, taste, balance and finish of wines are affected by the shape of the glass from which they are drunk.
In 1961 Riedel introduced a revolutionary concept – a line of wine glasses created in different sizes and shapes. Before this, conventional stemware had used a single basic bowl shape, with only the size varying depending on use.
The concept was illustrated to perfection with the introduction of the hand-made Sommeliers
series in 1973. The size and shape of each Sommeliers glass will deliver a wine or spirit to the nose and palate in such a way that it can fully express its personality.
Vintage Champagne features:
Care & Cleaning:
Handmade Minimum 24% Lead Crystal.
Recommended for: Champagne, Cuvee Prestige, Vintage Champagne, Vintage Sparkling Wine, Rose Champagne.
- All Riedel glassware is dishwasher safe, and has been tested by Riedel to ensure a longer lifespan when washed in this manner.
- If you do need to wash your Riedel glassware by hand, wash the glass under warm water with detergent and rinse the glass very carefully.
- To avoid any staining of your Riedel glasses, you should wash them using only soft water – that is, water with a low mineral content. If stains emerge, you can use white vinegar to remove them.
- Avoid scratches to your glassware by not allowing your Riedel glasses to come in contact with any other glasses or metal.
- Polish your glasses using two towels, and avoid holding the glass by the base – this could case the stem to snap.
- Keep your cleaning towels clean as well, in order to avoid rubbing any grease on to your Riedel glassware. Wash your cleaning towels at boiling temperature, without linen or fabric softener.
- Store your glasses away from other items with a strong odour, as this can taint the glass and in turn your wine.
Code Number: 400-28.
Height: 24.5cm/ Capacity: 330ml.